BOULDER – NextCycle Colorado, a software created to raise producing options for recycled or recovered content material in Colorado, will host a pitch levels of competition on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at eTown Hall in Boulder, Colorado. For the duration of the opposition, enterprises looking for to connect with personal traders will pitch innovative tips from diverting plastic squander into new uncooked components, to artistic utilizes of compost and scrap tires.
The competition is the culmination of NextCycle Colorado programming, which pursues imaginative tips to enhance recycling and composting finish markets — organizations that manufacture new products from recycled components. This year’s celebration will showcase 9 groups that spent the past 4 months receiving mentorship from field leaders, subject matter subject professionals, and specialized support from Useful resource Recycling Units.
“This is an fascinating time for recycling in Colorado, as we’re putting progressive endeavours in movement that have the potential to seriously transfer the needle and boost recycling costs statewide,” stated Jill Hunsaker Ryan, govt director of the Colorado Division of General public Wellbeing and Environment. “NextCycle has served foster significant innovations from community companies, and I search ahead to the inventive options these newest groups convey to Colorado.”
“By investing time and methods into the groups, NextCycle Colorado makes much better recycling companies for the point out,” claimed Kendra Appelman-Eastvedt, Recycling Grants Supervisor at CDPHE. “These businesses will generate new employment, products and solutions, and services, and most importantly continue the momentum toward our intention of recycling more in Colorado.”
The NextCycle software selects new and growing businesses and organizations by a competitive software course of action, and offers benefit by connecting groups to methods and know-how essential to achieve a stage the place they are ready to get investments and employ their tips. NextCycle groups have been awarded over $1.5 million in Recycling Sources Financial Option program grants from CDPHE considering that the program’s inception in 2018.
The teams that will be showcased 2022 pitch competition include:
- An early-stage team consisting of National Renewable Electricity Laboratory scientists Kevin Sullivan and Mikhail Konev, who are acquiring a new technological know-how to convert plastic squander into usable uncooked resources for manufacturing.
- Colorado Earth, primarily based in Golden, is a local manufacturer of sustainable constructing materials designed from leftover and waste quarry supplies and other recycled elements.
- Compost Queen has a hyperlocal compost operation in Fort Collins. They spouse with location farms to compost residential food stuff waste through hauling and processing, and also give educational expert services to the group.
- Delta Brick and Local climate Business, located in Montrose, uses sediment from the Paonia River and recycled glass to make green constructing materials for Colorado’s increasing inhabitants.
- Docupots makes 100% recyclable and compostable seedling pots from put up-client recycled paper in Sterling.
- Things Mountain Compost is a rural composting operation in Salida. They divert and procedure natural materials for people and enterprises.
- RepEATer is a reusable container company primarily based in Boulder that companions with dining establishments and food stuff shipping and delivery expert services to decrease squander and fees.
- T2GR (Tires To Environmentally friendly Recycling), primarily based in Hudson, transforms scrap tires into rubber for athletic fields, molding, and other utilizes.
- Trash Panda develops progressive goods in Aurora with 100% recycled plastics in the fast escalating sport of disc golf.
“Colorado NextCycle supports organizations and organizations at each individual level,” mentioned Juri Freeman, Running Principal at Source Recycling Techniques. “The point out has huge entrepreneurial talent, and the Pitch Levels of competition is the possibility to elevate the teams and consider their businesses to the upcoming amount.”
Bolstering NextCycle’s initiatives is a new law approved before this month that will develop Colorado’s 1st Round Financial state Growth Centre, which aims to empower Colorado businesses to develop solutions using products that Coloradans recycle. The middle will help CDPHE achieve its motivation to increasing how significantly citizens are recycling across the point out.
The Colorado NextCycle pitch level of competition is totally free and open up to the community. Traders, funders, business and local community leaders, media, and any person intrigued are invited to show up at.
Remember to visit Colorado NextCycle Pitch Competition for extra information and facts, or to register to attend.
For far more info on Colorado NextCycle programming, remember to pay a visit to the Colorado NextCycle web-site or email [email protected].